Pristine videos deserve pure sound
A Sony microphone is your camera’s perfect companion, elevating the quality of your audio recordings to professional levels. Plus, enjoy reduced post-production time with simultaneous digital recording of video and audio*.
Available with the XLR-K3M, ECM-B10, ECM-B1M and ECM-W2BT.
The ECM-B10’s next-generation digital signal processor (DSP) and beamforming technology enables enhanced super-directional recording and adaptable noise filtering, for next level audio recordings.
Digital brilliance. Clarity. Ultra-compactness.
Get a glimpse into the ECM-B10’s impressive sample audio
Learn how to achieve amazing audio on-the-go with the right settings
An all-new microphone, inside and out
Our beamforming technology – powered by an advanced DSP and multiple microphone capsules – intelligently enhances the microphone’s directional sensitivity to sound, allowing you to capture crystal-clear audio from any direction, in any environment.
In-built digital signal processor (DSP)Our next-generation DSP performs all the digital calculations necessary to differentiate between super-directivity and multi-directivity recording modes, enabling you to capture only the sounds you want audiences to hear.
Ultra-compact form factor with super directivityWhile traditional shotgun microphones need a long body to achieve super-directional recording, the ECM-B10’s can do the same in an ultra-compact form factor, thanks to its beamforming technology.
Versatile multi-directivity sound recordingThe DSP working together with multiple microphone capsules, enhances sensitivity to sound in a desired direction, while reducing sensitivity in other directions – allowing for three types of directivity selections in one microphone.
Noise-cut filterThe ECM-B10’s noise-cut filter works hand-in-hand with its powerful DSP to intelligently – and continuously – listen to what’s being recorded, then filter out excess sounds for crystal clear recordings.
Microphone recording patterns, explained
New to the world of microphones? Learn about multi-directivity, as well as super-directional, unidirectional, and omnidirectional recording patterns.
Super-directionalSuper-directional microphones – like shotgun microphones – are ideal for picking up sound from directly in front of the microphone, making super-directional recording ideal for hearing a person speak when in a noisy environment.
UnidirectionalUnidirectional microphones are good at recording sound from an area in front of the microphone, and are often seen in handheld microphones. These microphones are commonly used for presentations, speeches and vocal performances.
OmnidirectionalOmnidirectional microphones record audio in a full 360-degree spectrum – making these microphones perfect for recording vlogs and two-way conversations, as well as taking in the full atmosphere of a live event, wedding or concert hall.
Planning on taking your audio to the next level?
Discover what a Sony microphone can deliver in these situations.
Capture the energy of
Capture the astounding beauty and energy of a live performance by recording every expressive detail with incredible clarity and distinct sound separation – things that built-in microphones simply can’t accomplish.
- 2 XLR inputs: Position your microphones closer to the performance, or at various angles, while your camera captures a wide shot from further away.
- Gain adjustments and low-cut filter: Control individual audio channels for balanced sound from each of your audio sources, while eliminating noise pick-up with the low-cut filter.
- 48Khz/24-bit digital audio: Record high-quality, noise-free audio recordings that are perfectly in-sync with your videos.
- Multi-interface shoe (MI Shoe) compatible: Ensures your audio signal is transferred directly to your camera for pure, clean live performance recordings – without cable handling noise.
- 120-degree recording range: Capture stereo audio with a wide coverage of up to 120 degrees – giving audiences the feeling of “being there” at the performance.
Sound your very best,
To create engaging, professional-level vlogging content, you’ll want a microphone that discards distractions (like echoes off walls) and focuses on your voice – because that’s what your audience wants to hear.
- Bluetooth® 5.0: Low-latency Bluetooth® 5.0 enables precise audio pick-up from up to 200 metres away – so even if you’re at the end of a hallway, your voice will be captured clearly.
- Mix-mode recording: With a microphone on the receiver, you can record two-way conversations simultaneously – even if there’s a distance between you and your guest.
- MI Shoe (digital audio interface): Digital audio is transmitted directly to your camera and video, ensuring your video and high-quality audio recordings will always be perfectly in-sync.
- 3 directivity modes: Switch between super-directional, omni-directional and uni-directional modes to record your voice with optimal clarity, whether you’re front of, beside or behind the camera.
- Noise-cut filter: Easily remove background noise coming from your fan, refrigerator and other common indoor distractions.
- Cableless and compact: With no cables to fuss over, you can move your camera around with ease – and without noise created by the cables – while vlogging.
Vlogging outdoors ? Record audio that matters, without distractions
Outdoor vlogs are visually compelling but environmental sounds, wind and other distractions can result in recordings with more “outside noise” than your voice.
A Sony microphone can cut through these distractions, focus on your voice and really accentuate your content – making your outdoor vlogs more compelling.
- Bluetooth® 5.0: Record high-quality audio, even at 200m away with the Low-latency Bluetooth 5.0 – giving you more flexibility in outdoor shoots.
- Mix-mode recording: With a microphone on the receiver, record two-way conversations simultaneously – even if there’s a distance between you and your guest.
- 3.5mm mic output jack: Enjoy compatibility with a wide range of cameras, thanks to its 3.5mm mic output – and if you’re bringing a second camera along for vlogs, switching this microphone between cameras is easy.
- 3 directivity modes: Have the flexibility to switch between recording modes while outdoors – using the uni-directional mode to capture ambient sounds in your environment, and super-directional mode to focus on a single scene or person.
- Noise-cut filter: Too much traffic and background noise? Simply turn on the noise-cut filter to eliminate these distractions.
- Cableless and compact: Enjoy the freedom of moving around busy environments with this compact microphone – with no cables attached, you won’t have handling noise to worry about.
Professional interview videos, demand professional audio
Echoes, sound reflections and muffled voices can quickly turn a professional interview recording into an amateurish one. A Sony microphone can eliminate these issues and capture your interviewee’s voice with crystal clear clarity.
- Bluetooth® 5.0: With a range of 200 metres, enjoy the freedom of directing your interviewee to move spontaneously – with full confidence that every word will be clearly recorded.
- Mix-mode recording: With a microphone on the receiver itself, you have the flexibility of turning your interview into a casual, two-way conversation that’s clearly captured.
- MI Shoe (digital audio interface): With digital audio transmitted directly to your camera and video, your video and high-quality audio recordings will always be perfectly in-sync – reducing post-production time.
- 2 XLR inputs: Record clear audio from both interviewer and interviewee by giving each of them an individual microphone.
- Gain adjustments and low-cut filter: Ensure each person’s microphone is adjusted to the perfect level with individual gain adjustments, while eliminating noise pick-up with the low-cut filter.
- 48Khz/24-bit digital audio: Capture clear, high-quality audio recordings that are always in-sync with your videos – cutting down post-production work.
Clear and focused audio recordings, even on busy event floors
When recording audio at events, a professional microphone is an essential piece of equipment – especially as crowds, event booths and announcements begin overwhelming your camera’s in-built microphone.
To simplify audio recordings at events and capture professional quality sound, choose a Sony microphone that’s suited for the task.
- Two XLR inputs: Quickly set up two microphones for on-the-go interviews, while also enjoying the freedom to run long cables from your camera to the stage, or for use with wireless XLR receivers - without noise affecting your recording.
- 48Khz/24-bit digital audio: Capture clear, high-quality audio recordings that are always in-sync with your videos – reducing post-production time.
- 3 directivity modes: Adapt to what’s happening on the event floor by easily switching between recording modes – using super-directional mode for interviewing an event attendee, and unidirectional mode for capturing everything that’s going on at the event floor.
- Digital audio recordings: Reduce the amount of time spent in post-production, with no need to integrate and edit multiple audio tracks.
Gorgeous weddings , deserve beautiful recordings
Capturing videos with crisp audio recordings can be a challenge, especially in noisy outdoor environments. You’ve only got one shot at taking the perfect wedding video, so make it count with the right equipment.
- XLR inputs: Connect a wireless pin mic to the bride and groom to capture their voices clearly, while the supplied shotgun microphone records ambient sounds of family and friends celebrating.
- 48Khz/24-bit 4 channel digital audio: With 4 channel digital audio, you can capture these special moments with incredibly high-quality audio that’s always in sync with your video – while also having the option to edit each channel individually, if needed.
- 3 directivity modes: Have the flexibility to adapt to different recording situations – the march-in, change of gown, chats with guests, and more – quickly and without fuss using unidirectional and super-directional modes.
- Noise-cut filter: Too much background noise while shooting wedding guests? Flip the noise-cut filter to eliminate these distractions.
- Digital audio recordings: Your video and audio will always be in-sync, saving valuable post-production time and allowing you to deliver wedding videos to clients on tight timelines.