Terms & Conditions
For Sony Imaging PRO Support (SIPS) Member, these terms and conditions will apply:
Sony offers “Sony Imaging PRO Support” (SIPS) membership to all professional who fulfils the below eligibility criteria (“Applicant”):
- Should be at least 18 years and above.
- Should be a professional photographer, self-employed individual, or an employee of a professional imaging business, who either (I) plays a direct and active role in the creation of moving or still images for third parties with a large proportion of their income derived from this creation or (II) owns or works for a registered photography company.
- Should Own a at least four (4) or more “Sony” branded “Alpha” Full Frame interchangeable lens cameras or more “Sony” branded G master lenses, purchased from an authorised Sony dealer or distributor within Middle East and Africa region.
- Lives and works in UAE.
- Applicant can register for the SIPS membership at the WEBSITE by filling in the online application
- Upon receipt of the applications, Sony will perform a screening to assess the Applicant’s eligibility to become a SIPS member. Upon completion of the screening process, successful Applicant (“Member”) will receive an email confirmation and Sony will issue a membership kit containing 1 membership card, 1 camera strap, 1 document holder and 1 sticker to Member.
- The SIPS membership will commence on the date membership kit is received by the Member and SIPS membership will be valid for a period of two (2) years. The term of SIPS membership may be extended, at the discretion of Sony, on a yearly basis.
- SIPS membership benefits will be applicable to the members only and following benefits will be extended-:
- Special Invites for new product launches, seminars & events organised by Sony.
- Complimentary clean and maintenance check service for lenses and camera bodies, up to three (3) times per membership year for eligible products and for a total of six products. Additional lens and body clean and check can be organised subject to the charges borne by Member.
- 10% discount on labour fee towards repair and maintenance of the registered products.
- 10% discount on the purchases of parts for the registered products.
- Priority repair service of registered products at designated service centres upon presentation of membership card.
- Priority and quick repairs in Sony authorised service centre in UAE. Priority/quick repair is only eligible on products that have been registered in full with all details completed (serial number, country of purchase, date of purchase and store purchased) and points verified. Turnaround times cannot be guaranteed and may not be met due to factors such as spare parts unavailability.
- Back up equipment may be available if turnaround time exceeds three (3) working days, subject to availability and upon specific request. There may be delays due to transportation requirements, part availability, very high end and specialized service requirements, confirmation to proceed that is pending by customers etc. Back up unit can be an equivalent or a next available model closer to the user model.
- Proof of purchase to be presented for the repair unit which is under warranty.
SIPS will remain the property of Sony. Member must (a) keep the membership card safe and secure at all times or (b) promptly report any loss or theft to Sony. Sony reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee as it deems fit for replacement of membership Card or strap.
To avail the SIPS membership benefits, the Member must present the Membership Card at the time of placing request. In the event the Member is unable to provide either the membership card or membership number Sony or Sony authorised service centre may deny offering all or a part of the services to such Member.
In the event a Member wishes to review, correct, or delete Personal Information, the member must notify Sony and we shall respond as promptly as possible.
Sony shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred by the Member as a result of the use of or inability to use the services by the Member. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, SOMEA shall not be liable for any loss of goodwill and/or business and/or loss of opportunity under any circumstances whatsoever.
Sony shall not be liable for any loss or damages incurred by the member as a result of inappropriate maintenance or use of the ID, Membership Card and Membership Number.
The member shall not perform any of the following acts during the SIPS membership:
- Providing false or inaccurate information.
- Using the SIPS Membership for the purpose of business operation, commercial gain, provision, or preparation of the additional value services to a third party regardless of whether for such service are free of charge or not.
- Defaming or any other act causing damages to assets, reputation, or credibility of Sony Group or a third party.
- Infringing copyrights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other rights of Sony Group or a third party.
- Fraudulently accessing/using of membership Card and membership Number, or to allow a third party to use the same, or any other fraudulent use of the SIPS membership
- Interfering in Sony’s offering services by making excessively frequent inquiries
- Unlawful possession of loan equipment, if any, by not returning it as per guidelines
- Solicitation or assisting with any of the acts above by a third party.
- In addition to the acts above, acts that Sony determines as inappropriate.
- Damaging the backup equipment beyond repair.
Sony shall, at its own discretion, have the right to terminate all or any part of the SIPS Membership or the Service agreement with a notice to Member if any of the following events occurs:
- The Member is in violation of any of the specified Terms & Conditions
- The Member fails to or delays in returning the Backup Equipment, if any.
In the event, the SIPS membership is terminated due to the violation of any of these Terms & Conditions, the Member shall promptly make payment of the amounts still due to Sony in a manner to be determined by Sony.
Sony may temporarily suspend all or a part of the Services without prior notice to Members if any of the following events occurs:
- Scheduled or emergency maintenance or construction of facilities necessary for providing the Services; or
- If situation becomes extremely difficult to provide Services due to power failure, earthquake, flood, tsunami, war, riot or any other act of God or any cause not attributable to Sony and beyond its control.
- Inability to use the service or facility of a third party used in providing the Services
- In addition to the events above, Sony determines that suspension of all or a part of the Services is necessary due to operational, technical or any other reason.
Sony shall have the right to have a third party perform all or a part of the obligations necessary to provide the Services under SIPS membership. Sony will manage and supervise the Third Party and shall be responsible for the actions of such third party.
Sony shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate, all or a part of the Services, without notice and without assigning reasons thereof. In the event the termination, member shall promptly return to Sony MEA the Membership Card, the Strap, and any unreturned Loan Equipment, at its own expense.
Sony may revise/modify/change these terms and conditions as it deems necessary. The updated terms may be uploaded on the Website.
In the event the Member uses the SIPS membership services after the revision of the terms & conditions, such use shall be deemed as an acceptance by the Member to the revision of the terms.
The Terms shall be construed and governed by the laws of United Arab Emirates. Any dispute between Sony and a Member relating to the SIPS membership shall be submitted to the Dubai courts.